Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blog Entry 4: "My Place in the Cave"

In "Allegory of the Cave," from the book Republic, which has Socrates having a conversation with Glaucon, about how far our nature is enlightened or unenlightened. Human beings living in a underground den, since their childhood, and have their legs and necks chained so they cannot move them, the truth would be literally nothing but the shadows of the images. When any of them is liberated and compelled suddenly to stand up and turn his neck round and walk and look towards the light, he will suffer sharp; the glare will distress him, and he will be unable to see the realities of which in his former state he had seen the shadows. He will have to grow accustom to the sight of the upper world.

                     At this point in my life I am the guy that left the cave, but in this case I'm still in my journey trying adjust to my new life. Before leaving the cave I was stuck and didn't care about my future. All I cared about was hanging out and not thinking, how in the long run it will affect my life. As I got older I decided to leave the cave and make my own destiny. In doing so I never looked back and I am learning how to adjust my life.
             
               

No comments:

Post a Comment