Thursday, October 6, 2011

blog 7


In terms of writing skills I have learned couple of things how to become a better writer. The three important things I have learned so far in this class: first, was the break down of a summary that is only supported by the major details not the minor and there is no opinion. Second, was the breakdown of a thesis, which starts with a topic, then comes the claim, and the last part is the argument. The final third is the breakdown of an essay that starts with an opening statement / thesis / main idea, then the body which can include major or minor details and lastly the conclusion which is the restatement of the main idea.

Before I started this class I did not know how to write a thesis. Throughout the course of this class I have learned the components of a thesis, and one of the assignments was to write a thesis, which I did. This proves that I learned how to write a thesis, because if I did not learn I would not be able to complete my assignment.

So far everything that I have learned about basic writing is clear, I just need more practice to improve the flow of the words in my writing.

Overall, I do feel more confident when it comes to the understanding of my basic writing skills. Before I started the class I did not feel as confident about my writing skills as I do now.

Although, I feel more confident in my writing skills I know that I have to work on my grammar, spelling, and my vocabulary. But with more practice on everything I learned 

No comments:

Post a Comment