Thursday, November 10, 2011

blog 16

In the article Happy Meals by Michael Pollan, he talks about 8 ideas about ways to eat better he thinks people should follow.

   Michael Pollan believes that we should not eat anything that our grandmothers wont eat, I understand where he is coming from, but things have change, the way food is being process is a little different then before, older people would say a cereal bar is not healthy as a bold of cereal, but for me I would rather have a bold of cereal, not because the cereal bar is unhealthy is that I am just use to it. Michael Pollan also talks about don’t eat anything incapable of rotting. I would not disagree with him on that one. Food to me should have an expiration date, and if it don’t I need to know why. Avoiding food products that contain ingredients you are not familiar with should be your reason to not eat the product, it should be more about doing your research and if it is bad for you then leave it alone. Avoiding food products that make health claims, it should be something to look into before making that decision, because energy bars can be good for you. To shop in the peripheries of the supermarket is good way to know right away where the fresh foods are never before I realize that setting until now. They said that you won’t find any high- fructose corn syrup at the farmers market, that is something people should research to find out where. Although a plant diet is probably the healthiest, then eating food that is process, is something I would consider but I would have to really think about it. Pay more eat less is something that I am doing I would rather go to traders Joe or Whole Foods, then to go a supermarket that has un organic stuff. I know it is hard for a lot of people because of prices but people need to change the way they eat. Cooking and planting a garden is a great idea but the problem is finding the time to do it and finding the space to grow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment